balsa imap support... how broken is it?

Hello,

I seem to be a bit confused with the IMAP support in balsa 2.3.0. The thing is
that I have two IMAP accounts (hosted on the same courier server, if it makes
any difference), each of them having a small hierarchy of folders, and, most
importantly, about 50 different folders in one of the accounts.

I have observed a very serious problem: whatever I do it can not display the
number of unread messages in _all_ the folders I have.

First attempt has failed completely, when I disabled balsa to show the account
statistics. My initial expectation was that if I do that, it would display
the number of unread messages right after the folder name, in parentheses
(just like Kmail does it), but that was my huge mistake to expect such an
advanced feature. I fact, it could not even discover a new mail (and mark
folder name in bold) entering a mailbox in this mode!

OK, then I enabled statistics, and had to go manually through all the folders,
for balsa to determine the amount of unread mail in each of them. I would
even accept that fact, if this status would be remembered next time I opened
the balsa. But no, next time I started balsa, the status has disappeared!!!
After half-an-hour search through all possible options, I found "Remember
open mailboxes between sessions". But it started to behave rather strange on
startup: it is scanning _some_ of the folders in _random_order_, jumping
through my folder view like crazy, but still ignores some (random) of the
folders I previously had opened.

So now when I start Balsa, I need to click on some random folders for Balsa to
read their status... In my opinion, it is a major bug, but as I am new to
Balsa, I thought I should ask the list first before jumping into conclusions.
I expect there is just a small numerical limit on the folders it remembers.
Either that or a completely broken IMAP client library.

Thanks,
Dmtiry