SMTP Troubles

I'm using Balsa as the default mail client in XFCE4, the default desktop in the SAM livecd. Attempting to send mail I'm stopped with authentification problems at the first try. I have entered my password (or passphrase as you call it) correctly and have made certain to enter the port number in the server configuration, that is to say, smtp.xxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.com:25. The server requires authentification and, somehow, I'm not providing it. How do I provide it beyond offering the proper password? I use thunderbird with no such problems in Debian and Gentoo. I'm stumped. That said, you've done a lot of nice work on this package. I'd love to be able to send mail with it. Looking forward to hearing from you.

jlowell