Re: Debian GNU/Linux status update and GtkHTML versions

Am 09.09.04 16:46 schrieb(en) Andrew Lau:
Well after giving Balsa 2.2.4 a spin, I'm quite confident of letting a
2.2 release propagate down into Debian Testing ("Sarge") and hopefully
be mature enough to be released when "Sarge" goes stable.

At this point please let me remind you of the known but not yet fixed gmime bug which *may* still break checking multipart/signed signatures if the signed content is again a multipart. This is of course a bad situation, as the user may get false broken signature warnings, making the crypto features of balsa "feel" somewhat unreliable. I don't know if you would build balsa with gpg(me) support, but I must admit that I would have really mixed feelings if a semi-broken package (well, from the crypto pov...) would go into debian, in particular as I can not do anything at this point to fix the problem...

The other open gpg bug (support for multipart/signed and /encrypted in imap mailboxes) is quite close to being resolved, btw.

The popularity figures for Balsa are also quite interesting. Out of all
users who have the popularity-contest package installed, 6.65% (435
users) have Balsa installed which is not bad considering 27.27% of the
sample population have the gnome-core package installed! That's nearly a
quarter of all Debian GNOME users!

Cool! very interesting (and encouraging) information!

If anyone has some free time, could someone please trawl through:

Ouch! Free time? Can someone explain what this means?!? ;-)

PS: Is anyone going to update the contributors list in Balsa anytime
soon? Someone like Albrecht Dreß should have been added to the list a
long time ago. By the way, is anyone willing to give me CVS write access

I'ts great to hear that you recognise and like the work I've done, even if I'm not in that list - I guess I don't have to explain how much time such a project eats...

Cheers, Albrecht.

Albrecht Dreß  -  Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13  -  D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
      Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:albrecht dress arcor de