Re: BBalsa crashes after sending mail.

On Sat, 01 May 2004 06:28:52, Tom and Esther wrote:
> Hello, list.
> I am a a new user of balsa, and I have version 2.0.14 which shipped with my
> Mandrake 9.2 disks. a  Everything seams to be setup correctly, but when I
> send emails the messages go out find and then balsa with crash. The only
> thing I can do is switch terminals and kill the process.

Looking at bugzilla I can't find a similar report and unless your Sentbox is
in IMAP i can't think of a good reason for the crash. Anyway, an upgrade to
2.0.17 wouldn't hurt.

> I don't know if this will effect balsa or not, but I am also running
> gnopernicus 0.7.1 screen reader. Speech output will die when balsa crashes,
> but as soon as I kill balsa gnopernicus begins speaking again making me
> believe this balsa not gnopernicus causing the crash.

gnopernicus shouldn't affect balsa, but I'm not really sure what it does.
I tried to install and activate it but I lack ViaVoice so I didn't get text
reading. Anyway, gnopernicus did activate atk and all the accessibility stuff
and nothing strange happened with balsa.
While the crash might be caused by a subtle interaction between gnopernicus
and balsa I fairly doubt it, and as you suspect the voice hang is most likely
caused by balsa stoping to respond.

Doesn't the crash cause bug-buddy to run ? a report with a stack trace would
be most helpfull

cheers

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/
0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A