BBalsa crashes after sending mail.

Hello, list.
I am a a new user of balsa, and I have version 2.0.14 which shipped
with my Mandrake 9.2 disks. a  Everything seams to be setup correctly,
but when I send emails the messages go out find and then balsa with
crash. The only thing I can do is switch terminals and kill the
process.
I don't know if this will effect balsa or not, but I am also running
gnopernicus 0.7.1 screen reader. Speech output will die when balsa
crashes, but as soon as I kill balsa gnopernicus begins speaking again
making me believe this balsa not gnopernicus causing the crash.
 Is this a known problem with balsa 2.0.14, and does anyone have a clue
why balsa crashes immediately after email is sent?
I really would like to get balsa working correctly as it works really
well with the Gnome accessibility products, and is the only real mail
solution for me at this point.
Thanks.