Opinions about Gnome integration?

Hi all,

As most of you noticed, I often make controverse suggestions. The driving force behind this is that I really love the Gnome-2 philosophy, although being an "IT-hardened power user" I guess, and thus I'd like balsa very much to fit more into this. There is a nice story on OSNews about this: http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=7864

On the other hand, balsa widely remained in the Gnome-1 era IMHO, focussing on configurability and UNIX-philosophy. Nothing against it, it's just a matter of personal opinion, but I have to make a decision now for me:

Whether to spend my upcoming spare time working on Gnome-adaptions or not. I think balsa could be a hot candidate against evolution to be included in the Desktop, if evolution misses 2.8.

Thanks for any insights on balsa's planned future from the view of the maintainers/other developers.

bye,

Darko