Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.1.90 released

On 07/13/2004 12:13:38 AM, manu wrote:
On 10.07.2004 08:06:31, Willem Riede wrote:
> I upgraded to this from 2.0.17 as distributed with FC2, and while the
> initial assessment is that it performs faster, the one problem that I
> encounter that bothers me is that I can only open ten (10) imap mail
> boxes, the 11th gives "Error: Unable to Open Mailbox! Unknown Error."
>
> If I close one of the 10 previous open mail boxes, I can then open
> the one I just tried and got the error successfully, but any
> additional
> open attempt yields the same error all over again :-(
>
> I'm using dovecot to serve imap. I did not have this problem with
> balsa 2.0.17. Libesmtp, gmime and balsa are all that changed.

Actually I just checked (sorry for the delay) that there is a maximum
set to 10 connections.
Pawel is there any reason not to raise it a bit? I guess we definitely
want a max number of connection (perhaps a pref only accessible by
editing the config file?)
Bye
Manu

I found and changed that constant to 20, which happens to be enough for me, but still arbitrary, of course. But at least I can report that Balsa works fine for me at that number of imap connections.

Thanks, Willem Riede.