Re: Balsa in Fedora Core
- From: Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se>
- To: Balsa List <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Balsa in Fedora Core
- Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:48:08 +0000
On 07/05/2004 01:38:16 AM, Craig Routledge wrote:
I examined the Balsa RPM currently in FC2 and found six downstream
patches for the 2.0.17 release. I then made sure none of the
changes were in CVS. Two of these were clearly distribution
specific. Of the remaining four, I'm not sure if most of them are
appropriate or will pass muster. So, I'll attach them here so you
guys can look them over and see if there is anything you think
should be used. The 64 bit fix looks good enough. As I recall,
flock/fnctl semantics are tricky and have been discussed extensively
before, but I'll include it anyways since it's so small.
1. 64bit-fixes is definetely ok.
2. flock is only a libmutt specific mispelling fix.
3. spoolbox patch introduces more sensible behavior, I think which is
4. rpm-po.patch is workaround for broken intltoolize, I believe. I am
not going to touch it unless I have to :).
Patches 1-3 are now in balsa-2-0 branch and I will try to merge them to
HEAD as well.
Regarding mailbox locking: we use flock() now as default because fcntl
() locking for long time was very unreliable but perhaps it is time now
to change the defaults. This would require some testing, though.
] [Thread Prev