Re: problem with dialogue boxes

On 01/22/04 22:38:47, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
> On 2004.01.22 20:48, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
>> Am 22.01.04 19:57 schrieb(en) Andreas Schmidt:
>>> I recently started to experiment with gpg and noticed that there
>>> may be a little problem with balsa.
>>> When I click on a signed msg in the list window and the signature
>>> cannot be verified, 2 info boxes open. One is an error message
>>> "GPGME: signature verification failed: No data", which is in the
>>> backgroud; the other is the info window from balsa: "Checking the
>>> signature of the message ... returned: An error prevented the
>>> signature verification."
>>
>> Ummm.... that should not happen! Balsa should display only a single
>> box, even if there is an error. However, I'm a bit confused about
>> the error message itself. "No data" indicates that either the
>> message is completely broken (either the signature or the signed
>> stuff is completely empty), or that your gpg setup is not completely
>> correct. Are you able to verify signatures from other messages, or
>> is this the only one which produces errors? Anyway, I'll fix that...
>>

>> Thanks for pointing me to that,
>>
>> 	Albrecht
>>

> Well, to take an example from this list: it happens with all of your
> messages, while the msgs from Jean-Luc Coulon are recognized as valid . :-)
>
> Andreas

I routinely see a dialogue box with the following wording:

<begin>
Checking the signature of the message sent by Andrew Lau
<netsnipe@users.sourceforge.net> with subject "Re: Stalled when gpg is
updating the thrusted database" returned:
The signature could not be verified due to a missing key.
Do you want to run gpg to import the public key with fingerprint
9B24C07D2E8B68BD?
<end>

They are a pain, but I don't know what to do about them.  Clicking YES
in the dialogue box returns a dialogue box with the following wording:

<begin>
Running gpg failed with return value 2:
gpg: no keyserver known (use option --keyserver)
gpg: keyserver receive failed: bad URI
<end>

RLH