Idiot question

Hi, All.

It's my first post and I'm not a software developer, so please go easy
on me if this is a stupid question...

I recently switched over to Balsa from KMail, due mainly to the fact
that it works much more cleanly with maildir. Since then I've found
that I really quite like it. My only real gripe, and it's a *really*
big pain in the backside for me, is that every time I click compose to
start writing a mail, it selects the 'From' address and overwrites
anything currently in the clipboard. It's had me *so* many times,
including this mail in fact - I selected the mailing list address in
mozilla then by the time I pasted it, it was my e-mail address. Grr.

I'm on 2.0.15 so there are no more current stable versions. Perhaps it
only happens in KDE? Maybe there is some meaningful purpose behind it?
I don't know. Will this behaviour change at some point?

Thanks

Foeh