Re: specifying default browser (gnome2)

On 2004.02.10 00:59, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> I'm running Debian with the gnome2 desktop.  In balsa 2.0.15, clicking
> on a URL link in a message starts up galeon as the browser.  How can I
> specify for balsa to start up mozilla or epiphany instead of galeon?
> I've searched in ~/.gnome2 and in ~/.gnome2/balsa, but I find no line
> which specifies the default browser.

I had been pointed by some gnome guru to a gconf section with path /desktop/gnome/applications/browser which contains obvious entries: exec (string), needs_term (bool) and nremote (bool).  You can use gconf-editor to change this values arbitrary outside the GNOME session.  For example, I can call gconf-editor sitting under CDE on Solaris.  It's a pity balsa seems does not use this values (on GNOME 2.0 for Solaris at least): clicking on hyper-links in balsa message body causes inevitable Netscape 4.7 run instead of pointed opera or mozilla_fb.
It seems balsa developers/supporters/adv.users don't track this problem because I asked such question several months ago and nobody answer.  It seems for me Sun's GNOME 2.0 differs from Linux version, so Linux users don't see the problem at all.

--
Best regards,
                                  Vladimir L. Eliseev