Re: Two problems with new FC3 x86_64 install

On 12/28/2004 11:05:03 AM, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 12/27/2004 10:26:17 PM, Willem Riede wrote:
> 2. I deliver mail with procmail to Maildir folders, new messages get
> delivered
> to for exampe ~/Maildir/.Test/new, but don't get noticed by balsa
> until Test gets re-opened. Is that normal?

No, it is not. I assume that clicking "check" does not make balsa
discover them? And the periodic checking does not discover them either?
I believe that even opening another message from the same folder should
have the same effect of checking the folder for new messages. In any
case balsa may not discover that instantly. We might be using something
like libgamin for this (with all its tradeoffs).

Just read up on gamin. It's a file change monitor, right? That won't work in this case, I think, as we must get our info from the IMAP server as to what new messages have arrived...

Regards, Willem Riede.