Re: mark as read

On 11/25/2004 09:48:08 AM, Willem Riede wrote:
On 11/25/2004 09:05:20 AM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
[ snip ]
On a related topic: Mailbox => Select All actually selects only the visible messages, because that's what GtkTreeSelection offers. The tooltip says "Select all messages in current mailbox", and we could make it do that, if we automatically expanded all rows before selecting-all. The question is, would that conflict with anyone's current usage? That is, does anyone rely on the current behavior of selecting only visible messages?

I would applaud that change. I don't rely on the current behavior, as a matter of fact I find it highly annoying.

Expand-all-before-select-all committed to cvs.

As a related matter, if I select a range, say to delete a thread (or two) I believe there is the same problem, that non- expanded parts of the thread don't get selected and hence are
still around after the delete? Can we change that too?

As for Mailbox => Select Thread(s), I'm still waiting for comments on the trade-off between the need for the action and the cost of another Mailbox menu item--any thoughts?