Re: recent troubles compiling

On 08/18/04 18:30:48, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
[snip]
In any case, I now get the same error I got from the 2.2.3 tarball, ie configure fails with *** Neither aspell >=0.50 (recommended) nor pspell (deprecated) library was found.

Ok, so I fixed the configure problem by installing a different version of libpspell-dev.

Now, to clarify: does balsa support aspell, or strictly pspell? From the above error message it would seem that aspell is the preferred, yet balsa doesn't compile without pspell, indeed including pspell/pspell.h in several places.

Indeed, the INSTALL document specifies libpspell-dev as a requirement, and libaspell as an alternative, but this document is labled balsa 2.0.x. Also, http://balsa.gnome.org/download.html#req specifies aspell as a requirement. Maybe these docs should be updated?

Again, I'm not sure what is correct here, just what works.

Regards,
	Kacper