Re: Balsa 2.2.3 hangs

On 2004.08.19 01:27, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 08/16/2004 09:04:20 AM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> >>
> >> ...and you have "check mailboxes on startup" checked in
> >> preferences?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> >> Does it help to switch it off?
> >
> > I used 2.0 to turn it off, then started 2.2.3 - and it didn't
> > hang. In fact I'm typing this reply in 2.2.3.
>
> I couldn't reproduce that one, but it may be a timing issue--I
> have a POP account that's also checked at startup, I believe
> before the IMAP account.

I think it's a timing issue too - it happens almost always, but
when running under gdb it only happens some of the time.

> t startup
> > 5 times. I have set balsa to always ask for the IMAP password.
> > I have 5 identities configured, all with the same IMAP server,
> > login and password, so it's probably not realizing they're the
> > same.
>
> Not sure I'm getting that one--how do you configure an identity
> with an IMAP server?

Ehm.

You don't. Sorry.

I thought I saw something related, but that can't be it. Anyways
it does ask for the password 5 times at startup - perhaps for
INBOX, Sent, Drafts, Trash and ... ?

Mike.