Re: Balsa 2.2.3 hangs

On 08/16/2004 09:04:20 AM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
On 2004.08.16 14:55, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 08/16/2004 01:39:00 PM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
I just tried the 2.2 series (was still at 2.0). At startup, balsa hangs. It shows the "checking local mail" dialog, then it's completely frozen.

...and you have "check mailboxes on startup" checked in preferences?

Yes.

Does it help to switch it off?

I used 2.0 to turn it off, then started 2.2.3 - and it didn't hang. In fact I'm typing this reply in 2.2.3.

I couldn't reproduce that one, but it may be a timing issue--I have a POP account that's also checked at startup, I believe before the IMAP account.

One other issue is that Balsa asks the IMAP password at startup 5 times. I have set balsa to always ask for the IMAP password. I have 5 identities configured, all with the same IMAP server, login and password, so it's probably not realizing they're the same.

Not sure I'm getting that one--how do you configure an identity with an IMAP server?