Re: balsa-2.2.2 released - some issues . .

On 08.11 12:03, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 11.08.04 20:45 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
- lots of mailboxes that were previously unhighlighted (no unread mail) are now highlighted and some of the mails have no subjects - is 2.2.2 not handling the mails the same way as 2.0.17?

Definetely not: the mailbox drivers have been completely replaced. Please report if you see bugs - thes missing subjects seem suspicious.

The highlighting seems to come from gmime or the backend - some *very* old messages which were read (yes, they were...) with 2.0 are suddenly marked as unread. I see that frequently when switching between Mozilla, 2.0 and 2.2.

The missing subjects may come from messages which actually have no subject set - 2.0 replaced it by "(no subject)", 2.2 leaves them blank. Might be a good idea to re-introduce it?

The "(no subject)" results from the fact that Balsa no longer recognizes "From ..." in the first line of the message. I've attached a short Perl script to correct the problem.