Re: balsa-2.2.2 released

On 08/10/2004 09:43:53 PM, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
On 08.10 09:27, Marco van Oostende wrote:,

> I try to get balsa 2.2.2 working under RH9, but RPM depencies force

> me to upgrade about every package on my PC. Tried the link to Carlos

> Morgado's FTP server as mentioned on the download page but it needs

> an account and password. Any idea if I can find there what I need
> anyway, and if so how to get there? If not, is it possible to
install
> 2.2.2 on a not-so-up-to-date machine? I prefer RPM since compiling
> isn't my speciality and I don't want to break the dependency
> database.

Even with a totally-up-to-date FC2, these failed dependencies show up.

    libesmtp >= 1.0.3 is needed by balsa-2.2.2-1

You probably have libesmtp-1.0.2 which effectively does not support TLS for SMTP. Get eg

http://balsa.gnome.org/libesmtp-1.0.3r1-1.i386.rpm

    libgnomeprint-2.so.0 is needed by balsa-2.2.2-1
    libgnomeprintui-2.so.0 is needed by balsa-2.2.2-1

I don't understand the libgnomeprint problem. I have libgnomeprint22-2.6.0-1 installed, which is, I believe, standard for FC2. This provides libgnomeprint-2-2.so

I had libgnomeprint-1.x and libgnomeprintui-1.x installed and the configure script picked those. I will provide fixed rpms. Configure script needs probably to be fixed. too

Pawel