Re: Observations on balsa 2.2.1

On 08/10/2004 12:52:26 AM, Willem Riede wrote:
On 08/09/2004 02:29:45 AM, Pawel Salek wrote:
> Actually, the mailboxes will be expunged now on close (provided that
> some checkbox in preferences is in its default position) and there
is a
> safety valve expunging messages if the mailbox was open for more
than
> 26h (IIRC). Does it make you happier?

Yes and no :-) I keep my mailboxes open 24x7 as I don't care to incur the delay to open them when I revisit them. So the expunge-on- close doesn't help me. That deleted messages that I forgot all about are expunged automatically eventually is good (it's what I want - I just want to be able to revert deletion if I clicked the wrong button by mistake, or if I change my mind about the value of keeping the message, which in any case would happen in minutes rather than hours). However, for me, a time of say two to four hours is a better value than 26 hours... I may go find that value and change it for myself.

It is this EXPUNGE_PERIOD_HOURS value that makes non-threaded builds to fail. The algorithm can be changed a little bit though: it should not take into account only time-since-expunge but also inactivity time so it does not try to expunge mailboxes that have just been touched.

Still, the bug you observe is interesting and the stack trace difficult to understand.

Pawel