Re: Observations on balsa 2.2.1

On 08/09/2004 01:24:57 AM, Willem Riede wrote:
On 07/31/2004 03:11:09 PM, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 07/31/2004 04:13:23 PM, Willem Riede wrote:
> >  Balsa 2.2.1 still doesn't seem to obey the "commit mailbox after
> > minutes"  when it comes to purging deleted (but still shown with
> > thrash icon as  per  my preferences) messages. I have to do a
manual
> > commit current  mailbox  to  get rid of them...

This behavior did not change in 2.2.2...  The action is now called
expunge, and the preference seems to have disappeared? (I don't
want to auto-close mailboxes - takes too long to re-open them...)
(OK, so I'm a pack rat and have a couple of huge mailboxes)
Not the best solution IMHO :-( , a delayed-expunge option would be.

Actually, the mailboxes will be expunged now on close (provided that some checkbox in preferences is in its default position) and there is a safety valve expunging messages if the mailbox was open for more than 26h (IIRC). Does it make you happier?

Pawel