Re: Problems marking mailbox as containing new mails

On 04/27/2004 02:31:37 AM, tn fenster wrote:
> It seems like I cannot explain my problem. Maybe an example
> will help: I have folder named 2003 that contains some
> mailboxes with my old mails from that year. The mailboxes
> inside that folder don't contain any unread mails. But when I
> check mail for the first time after starting balsa, the folder
> gets marked as containing new mails because some of the
> mailboxes are marked, no matter if I received mails or not. And
> even if I received new mails, none would go in mailboxes inside
> my 2003-folder and there is not a bad filter putting mails
> there. When I open those mailboxes, the count for unread mails
> is correctly set to 0, but I have to open every mailbox to get
> it right and the next time I start balsa it's the same again.

That makes it very clear!  I believe I recall seeing that in my
own mailbox tree, but I don't currently.  Checking unopened
mailboxes is handled by a part of the libmutt code that I've
never looked at.  It's not yet implemented in 2.1--perhaps the
cause will show up when implementation begins.

The details would depend on the type of mailbox--in what type do
you see the problem?