Re: Wishlist again...

On 2003.09.25 02:41, J.A. Magallon wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am begin flooded with spam/virus these days. I can filter it, but balsa
> still
> has to download it to pass through filters or procmail. This made me think
> about a feature that would be nice...previewing of the POP3 mailbox before
> retrieving the messages.

I use IMAP and it would be great if the attachments weren't downloaded
until I clicked on one. That is supposed to be one of the major
advantages of IMAP, it's a shame that Balsa doesn't support it.

> At first glance, this looks like a 'download only headers' mode should be
> added to balsa, and then a 'download all'. Or an optional preview window on
> each mail check, so you can delete unwanted mail before download.

That is exactly what IMAP is designed for - only download and show the
text MIME parts, and not the rest until needed.

Mike.