Re: messages are invisible

On 09/27/2003, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Someone please come to the rescue!  This is the second time I
> have posted this request.  Reply directly, if you wish; or
> reply to the list.
>
> Having tried most of the MUAs currently available for Linux, my
> preference is for Balsa.  (I presently am using Eudora Pro on a
> Windows machine---sigh!  Mail is the last step in my migration
> from Windows to Linux.)

Glad to see that preference--now all that remains is to get Balsa
to show your messages!

[ snip ]
> For messages in SENT box, DRAFTBOX, OUTBOX, and TRASH, only the
> message headers are visible; message bodies are not displayed
> (or perhaps they are invisible, because of a problem in the
> colour scheme).  However, messages in IN box display properly.
>
> The message header appears on a white background; There is a
> grey background in the region in which the message body should
> appear; this is true for both preview screen and the separate
> message window.  But for messages in the IN box, the ENTIRE
> screen has a white background---there is no grey region.

Is the mis-display consistent and repeatable for those mailboxes?
And do you see the problem immediately on startup?

I recall seeing some display issues like that, but I believe it
was when coming back to a running Balsa after a screensaver had
been showing.  The problem may have been related to a display
locking/synchronization bug that has been fixed in cvs. The next
release (2.0.15) will have the fix.