Re: Balsa wishlist

On 09/22/2003, Marco van Oostende wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use balsa for quite some time now, very satisfactory! I'm not
> sure whether or not it is already implemented, but for a next
> release, the following two option would be of great help:
> - I use a mail filter to remove unwanted spam. Is it possible
> to shoot this program each time before chacking mail? Something
> like the Gnome Inbox Monitor applet 'command to run before
> checking mail'.

The filter code is designed to support running mailbox filters at
various times, but only `on reception' and `on exit' actually
appear in the dialog, and of those, `on exit' isn't implemented!
Also, `on reception' seems to mean `on reception if open, on
opening otherwise'.  If we're going to make some changes in this
capability, I'd like to see some discussion of options that users
would like to have.

> - In case of a crash or killing of balsa, all changes are gone
> since it did not commit yet. Read and deleted mail are back as
> unread, and sent messages may get sent again. Is it possible to
> auto-commit every X minutes?

Yes--see Settings => Preferences => Misc => Automatically
commit...

> Keep up the good work,
> Marco van Oostende

Thanks!