Re: [Q] : could someone report success with filters on reception ?

On 2003.09.18 16:21, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 09/18/2003, emmanuel ALLAUD wrote:
> [ snip ]
>> Yes we should definitely make it clearer and usable. Though I don't
>> have any suggestion there (moreover Francisco pointed also that it
>> is confisuing to have filters in 2 different top-level menus...)
>> Bye
>> Manu
>
> OK, so maybe we need a new Filters menu, with Filters => Edit (which
> pops up the same dialog as Edit => Filters...) and Filters => Apply
> ((which pops up the same dialog as Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters)?
>
> Or were we trying to cut down on the number of menus...? ;-)
>
> Peter

I don't know if this would be a good suggestion or make any sense, but
I would consider moving the filter menu under "Mailbox" to the Edit/
Filters menu as a third tab, that would be: "Match", "Action" and
"Mailbox" or "Mailbox to apply" or something like that. So, the end-
user would know the match that he/she has to create, the action to be
performed, and what mailboxes (either defaults or created) would
affected by the new filter, as well as deciding whether the action
should take place immediately or after closing Balsa. Hope this helps
for something.

Francisco