imap and sending mail

I seem to be having problems sending mail using balsa.  I'm trying to send mail using my
remote server as the smtp server.  However, whether I use myserver.com or myserver.com:25, etc.
I keep gettin a box that pops up with:

SMTP server problem (6): Invalid SMTP status code in server response
Message is left in outbox.

Everything compiled without any problems and I can check mail without any problems, I just can't
send mail.  I'm using balsa 2.0.10 and Gentoo Linux.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--

The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it.