Re: [RFC] replace icon list by tree view: new/improved patch

On Sun, 25 May 2003 17:41:02, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> [sorry for the late answer, had a business trip...]
>
> Am 23.05.03 01:09 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
>> One tiny niggle: hide the notebook tabs also when there's no message?
>> That is, hide by default, and show only when there are some parts...
>
> When trying to solve this, I hit something which seems to be a gtk bug, at
> least for my installation of 2.0.9. In balsa_message_init() I simply added
> gtk_notebook_set_show_tabs(GTK_NOTEBOOK(bm->notebook), FALSE), but then
> after showing the tabs again, they don't react on mouse clicks any more
> (the kb navigation still works). Can you (if you have more than one
> mailbox) try the following to reproduce the effect:

ah! i tried this myself yesterday (some variations of set_show/select_tab on
message_init) and arrived to the same conclusion after some rebuilds.
What bugs me is the set_show in message_set doesn't trigger this (neither
does the test you purpose), only the set_show in _init.

I'm trying gtk+2.0.6 on rh8