Re: gpg related crash/hang on 2.0.11

On 2003.05.12 22:51, Darko Obradovic wrote:
> Am 12.05.2003 23:42 schrieb(en) Nuno Monteiro:
>> I'm experiencing a weird hang/crash with Balsa 2.0.11 when opening a
>> _specific_ gpg signed email. I tried to reproduce it with every
>> other signed email I had around, but it seems it'll only choke on
>> this one. Whenever I double click on that particular email from the
>> list, Balsa hangs and stays like that forever (well, until Gnome
>> asks me if I want to kill the window, at least).
>
> I'd say it's a known pthread-problem (more to follow from the gurus
> in here), but you should made sure that it's not gpg hanging when
> trying to fetch a key from a keyserver. I had this a couple of times,
> so balsa totally hangs, but calling a "killall gpg" from a terminal
> brought it back to life. Never had the patience to wait for more than
> 10 seconds though.... ^^

Uh, no. It's not the pthread hang, pthread is linked _before_ gpgme, as
I stated previously. I double and triple checked this, so one can
safely rule it out. Besides, if I fetch this particular key from the
command line, it works instantaneously:

nuno@hobbes:~$ gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --search-keys 0x1791665F
gpg: searching for "0x1791665F" from HKP server wwwkeys.pgp.net
Keys 1-1 of 1 for "0x1791665F"
(1)     Stephen P. Berry <spb@meshuggeneh.net>
           1024 bit DSA key 1791665F, created 2000-01-09
Enter number(s), N)ext, or Q)uit > q

That 'SIGPIPE' in the backtrace doesnt look good. The fishy part is
that it only hangs with this particular email, but works flawlessly
with a good dozen others. Also, there are no 'gpg' processes running
after balsa is hung, so killall or pkill would not matter.

Cheers,

			Nuno

[ Darko, sorry if you're receiving a duplicate, I forgot to send to the
list the first time around. ]