Problem with 1.4.3 hanging

Hi people,

I compiled and installed 1.4.3 happily on my RH 7.3 workstation but I
am having problems on a RH 7.3 server.

I thought it was some sort of environment thing so I have remade
.gnome* .gconf* .gnome/balsa etc.

With empty mail folders except for one item in inbox, with debugging
and clicking on Trash, Outbox, Draftbox, Sentbox and finally Inbox
(where balsa hangs) I get:

[phil@nsw phil]$ gdb balsa
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2-2)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...

(gdb) break gtk_main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x80619ac

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/bin/balsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 7148)]
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40c18216

** WARNING **: Cannot find expected file "balsa/balsa_icon.png"
(spliced with "pixmaps") with no extra prefixes

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

** WARNING **: Cannot find expected file "balsa/balsa_icon.png"
(spliced with "pixmaps") with no extra prefixes
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 7255)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 7256)]
[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 7148)]

Breakpoint 1, 0x40c18216 in gtk_main () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0

(gdb) step
Single stepping until exit from function gtk_main, which has no line
number information.
0x40c17b40 in gtk_real_list_item_toggle () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0

(gdb) next
Single stepping until exit from function gtk_real_list_item_toggle,
which has no line number information.
0x40c1821e in gtk_main () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0

(gdb) Single stepping until exit from function gtk_main, which has no
line number information.
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 7464)]
[New Thread 3076 (LWP 7517)]
[New Thread 4101 (LWP 7547)]
[New Thread 5126 (LWP 7550)]
[New Thread 6151 (LWP 7552)]

** WARNING **: Cannot find expected file "balsa/attachment.png"
(spliced with "pixmaps") with no extra prefixes

==> balsa hangs . .

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652