Re: unread messages in msg list

On 03/14/2003, hitched97 wrote:
[ snip ]
> How about one column with 8 possible pixmaps:
>
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_DELETED
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_FLAGGED
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_REPLIED
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_NEW
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_DELETED_ATTACH
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_FLAGGED_ATTACH
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_REPLIED_ATTACH
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_NEW_ATTACH
> - LIBBALSA_MESSAGE_FLAG_ATTACH
>
> with the *_ATTACH icons simply the original with a paper clip
> on somesuch on it, and the last being just the paper clip.
> Though I suppose DELETED_ATTACH may be a bit pointless....

Oh, no, that's one of the most important! Those are the suckers that
chew up a chunk of my IMAP quota, until I expunge them (`commit
changes').

Another possibility (one that averts the need for someone to design
some new icons!) is to use a single untitled column with two cell
renderers, and show the two highest priority icons (attachment being
the highest, to match its current status of having its own column).
That uses more of the space, and the column would be only one icon wide
if no message needs to show two.  However, any icon except the paper
clip would appear sometimes in the first slot, and sometimes in the
second.