Re: forwarding messages inline

Am 23.06.2003 12:18 schrieb(en) Carlos Morgado:
> a) you're not actually quoting anything - you're forwarding

If I simply would want to forward a mail as-is, you wouldn't (more
precisely shouldn't) forward it inline, but as an attachment.
If I forward messages inline, than I want to refer to and comment some
parts of it, and therefor it needs to be quoted. I really got confused
when seeing no quote. Especially the heading with author and time of
the text that follows shouts for quoting imho.

> b) it's easier to diff forwards and replies

Not sure why you would want them to look different? The title has a
"Re:" or a "Fw:" and that's it, you know what it is before you even
look at the body. I think they should look similar in order to not
confuse users. See section above.

bye,

Darko

PGP signature