Sv: PGP signing/decoding problem

Den 2003.06.23 19:48 skrev Albrecht Dreß:
> More detailed info about the signature, including the validity, is
> available when you select it. Unfortunately, I forgot to add the
> "trust" field, which I will add there asap. I could also (I think
> this was your point, wasn't it?) make the lock green only if the
> siganture verified correctly *and* if the key's validity and trust
> level is not "never" and not "unknown", thus mixing key and sig
> status (and making most locks red, btw). Hmmm...

This was what I suggested.  Maybe there could be more colors.  Orange
or yellow could mean that the signature is correct, but not from a
known key (signed by trusted parties, or however it is done).

I compare this to how mutt does it.  In this mail, it said:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Mon 23 Jun 2003 08:50:03 PM CEST)
--]
gpg: Signature made Mon 23 Jun 2003 07:48:15 PM CEST using DSA key ID
D027FFD1
gpg: Good signature from "Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress@arcor.de>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 5B02 5DD9 991E 8B82 6301  EB6F 9FFF 6E9C D027
FFD1
[-- End of PGP output --]

(Without the extra linefeeds balsa inserted.)

On mails from people I have exchanged keys with, the warning is not
there.

>> Also, it'd be nice with a command to fetch the key from a keyserver
>> when it's not available.
>
> A suboptimal solution (run gpg in a background shell) is in the cvs
> and as a patch on my web page. When seahorse/gpa provide an interface
> for getting keys, I'll replace it by that.

Great.

It is probably a good idea to make sure the fetch happens in the
background, somehow, as keyservers can sometimes be quite slow.

--
                                                 Niklas

PGP signature