Re: PGP signing/decoding problem

> I've just tried Seahorse, GNU Privacy Assistant and Nautillus, all fail
> to recognize my passphrase.

O.k., then they all apparently use the same method to pass the
passphrase via gpgme to gnupg. BTW, how do you use Nautilus with gnupg?

> I'm not a charset-encoding expert, but would it be possible to enter some
> other key so that the correct char, utf-8 encoded, is entered in the
> widget ?

The problem is that all Gnome-2 apps use UTF-8 as charset, whereas your
xterm apparently is set to ISO-8859-15 (or -1).  If you usually use
Gnome-2 apps, IMHO it would be best to change the passphrase of your key
from '8859 to utf-8:

* run (in a terminal)
gpg --edit-key '<ad.l@delvaux.net>' passwd
and enter some pure US-ASCII text as temporary new passphrase

* now run seahorse to change the passphrase back to your usual one
(which now includes the non-ACSII chars UTF-8 encoded).

At this point all Gnome-2 apps should accept your passphrase, but of
course gpg in the xterm doesn't... However, you can change the input in
the xterm to UTF-8, too, by setting the "utf8", "wideChars" and "font"
resources properly (see the man page and the Unicode HOWTO for details).
An additional drawback is that Gnome-1 apps (if you still use some of
them containing gpg support) may not work any more with the new
passphrase.

> What could be the other solutions to this problem ?  Should I report a
> bug to Seahorse and/or GNU Privacy Assistant ?

When I now think again about it, IMHO it's not a bug but a feature ;-))
You just have to decide upon ONE consistent setup of your environment,
and then it shoud work.

> Gnome-1 applications behave correctly, I suppose it's because the Gnome-1
> widgets don't use utf-8 encoding.

Exactly, see above!

Hope this helps,
Cheers, Albrecht.