Re: Lots of hangs (possibly IMAP related)...

Am 22.07.2003 15:05 schrieb(en) Toralf Lund:
> I should perhaps have reported this earlier, but ever since I first
> upgraded to Balsa 2.0.x a few months ago, the setup has been next to
> unusable because the whole app will hang far too frequently. I've
> seen the problem with various post 2.0 versions, including the one
> I'm using right now, which I built from the current CVS sources last
> week. Balsa 1.4 behaved a lot better on the same machine, however.

could be related to the aspell-linking problem. See if "ldd `which
balsa`" lists libc before libpthread. If it does, you need to modify "/
usr/lib/libaspell.la" and remove "lc" from the dependencies. At least
that's what I have to do everytime.
Or simply try it with "--disable-threads" first, it's not that relevant
for IMAP anyways. But what happended to a "--without-spell" option? :)

> I haven't quite been able to figure out exactly when these hangs
> occur (or I would have filed a but report), but I suspect they are
> IMAP related, and possibly have something to do with IMAP close or
> commit. I work primarily with IMAP mailboxes, and we're talking about
> my machine at home here, so all the mailboxes are truly remote (as
> opposed to residing on a server on the LAN.)
>
> Has anyone else seen this? How many people are using Balsa with IMAP
> on a daily basis, anyway? I know a number of persons, including
> Pawel, have *tested* the IMAP support, but that's not quite the same
> thing.

I have no local mailboxes at all and it works fine. As long as I'm not
trying to manipulate the mailboxes via balsa, looks like that causes
freezes/crashes for me nearly all the time. I set up mailboxes and
folders via ssh and simply using them then is working perfectly.

Darko