Re: SMTP refuses to send messages

 --- Pawel Salek <pawsa@theochem.kth.se> a écrit : >
> On 2003.07.22 13:31, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
> >  I am using RedHat 9 on a HP Pavilion a265c. I
> have used Balsa 2.0.6
> > and 2.0.12, with
> > libesmtp 0.8.12-5. At first (using Balsa 2.0.12)
> the send function
> > waited for about 2 minutes before failing, stating
> that the smtp
> > provider failed to respond. More recently, and
> using either Balsa
> > 2.0.6
> > or 2.0.12 I just receive a message that says "SMTP
> server problem
> > (2): Nothing to do. Message is left in outbox"
>
> This means that there is no message to send.
> Strange...
>
> > or it simply stays idle until failing.
>
> With what message?

Something that could be related : I once had a SMTP
server problem and Balsa failed to submit the messages
on the outbox, but it left them marked. So on the next
try it just told me : "nothing to do" as marked
messages in the outbox mean that they are already
being processed by a sending thread.
So check if your messages are marked in your outbox
(if yes just unmark them and retry to send them).
HTH
Bye
Manu