Re: HTML alternative part is default & broken

Am 2003.01.02 20:20 schrieb(en) Lynn Kerby:
   >   > On 2003.01.01 08:10:19 -0800 Steffen Klemer wrote:
   > > Am 2002.12.31 06:56 schrieb(en) Lynn Kerby:
[snip]
   >   > I'm not sure if gtkHTML has a mechanism to inform us what the URL
is
   > for,
   > but if so I'm only interested in fetching IMG tags.   Loading anything
   > other than basic image types (gif, jpeg, png) is outside the scope of
   > what I would want to do.  That should eliminate the possibility of
   > viruses at least.  Sadly, the spam seems to be something we will
always
   > have.

Yes, but nevertheless we then download without user interaction and if you
now think about a bad formed png producing a buffer overflow in libpng...
:-) </paranoia_mode>

No problem in that direction - thought you also wantet to enable these
<iframe>s and things like that

   >   > > A more important thing in connection with gtkhtml are the
inline part
   >   > > which aren't displayed as well but really should be....
   >   > I'd agree.  Pawel said in another response here that he committed
   > support for "cid:"; URLs which I'm going to go look at now.

GREAT (thanks to Pawel for this long wanted feature)

   > > --
   > >   /"\
   > >   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Human Knowledge
   > >    X  * NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   |     Belongs
   > >   / \ * NO MSWord docs in e-mail|  To The World!
   >   > Interesting that we would be discussing what to do about URLs in
   > HTML e-mail messages...

erm, yes...
To avoid these probs in the future we all should suppot the ASCII Ribbon
Campaign ;-)

cu
/Steffen

--