Re: HTML alternative part is default & broken

On 2003.01.02 06:25:08 -0800 Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 2002.12.31 06:56 Lynn Kerby wrote:
> > Is someone working on using ghttp or something to provide the missing
> > functionality?  Should I?
>
> BTW, I have just commited support for cid: URLs to both HEAD and
> BALSA_2. If you want to support remote URLs, it would only be a matter
> of downloading the remote document to a temporary file (the
> black/white-listing that has been discussed would be nice). YOu might
> consider doing that in a thread in case the remote server is not
> responsive/slow.

Thanks, I was going to look into the handling of "cid:"; (and "file:"
URLs for those operating in shared storage environments) first.  I
like the idea of a black/white list as well and would prefer to be
able to configure that part.  I too am no fan of spam and spammers
and don't want to do anything that would provide them any form of
positive feedback on their mailings.  I expect that most of us
would have filtered those messages before betting down to display
them but better to err on the side of caution.

--
Lynn Kerby <mailto:lfk@kerbit.net>