Re: Stability problems ?

Le 2003.02.28 05:22, Vaidotas Zemlys a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>> 	Hi all,
>> just to know if my happiness is shared by others ;-) : do you still
>> have stability problems (I mean crashes, hangs or whatever) with the
>> 2.0.9 version.
>> For me all goes smooth now (I do not use IMAP heavily though, but
>> all other features like filtering on reception are working great).
>
> For me balsa sometimes crashes. It happens when I apply filters to my
> inbox, then read mail, after sometime I am notified that new mail
> arrived, then I open my inbox again, then try to apply filters and
> voila, balsa freezes. But not always.
>
> I am using fetchmail postfix balsa configuration and my inbox resides
> in /var/mail.
>
> As this bug happens rarely it is not very annoying:) Except that
> Balsa runs smoothly.
>
> Yet there are some usability issues.
>
> 1. Filtering is working only if I do it manually. That is
> mailbox->Edit/apply filters. I have ticked on reception and on exit
> flags, but with no result. If I open my inbox no filtering is done.
> It is tiresome to filter mail manually always.

Hmm this should be fixed soon (the patch has not been applied yet, but
it is definitely in the pipe) : when new mails arrived in your box and
ir was closed, the filtering will take place when you open it.

> 2. When filtering is done, there is no fast way to know where did
> your mail go. You have to open each mailbox to look into it and see
> if there is any new mail. It would be good if  balsa automatically
> opened mailboxes which received new mail.

You can do that simply by checking mail after the filtering (it's a
wide guess), because the new mails should make the mailbox colored in
green.

Bye
Manu