integrating an address book

Hello,

As Balsa doesn't have an own address book directly, I went out to
search one. FAQ and Web lead one towards "GnomeCard" or VCard(?), but I
didn't get it completely...
All I can find about GnomeCard is that it is somehow integrated into
gnome-pim 1.4.x. So now, would I have to install that just to use the
address book? It's still GTK1, and therefor I'd prefer to avoid it. No
port, no alternative? How are you using your address book with balsa
2.0.x? Lots of questions....

bye,

Darko