Re: Selecting all messages in mailbox

On 2003.02.19 14:26 Lynn Kerby wrote:

> On 2003.02.19 10:36 mpiktas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > > Ctrl+A is a GnomeApp key-binding, and these seem to have no
> concept of
> > > focus. That leaves Balsa to do the work to find out where it is,
> and
> > > change its response accordingly--or have I missed something?
> > >

> > Yes exactly, Balsa should change its response accordingly. But it
> > doesn't. No matter focus, all message text gets selected instead of
> all
> > messages.
>
> I just noticed that balsa 1.4.2 assigns Ctrl+A to Mailbox->Select all
> which
> would explain why I don't see the same behavior.

In 2.0.x the situation seems to be muddier! The only menu entry that
shows a Ctrl+A accelerator is Edit => Select _All, defined by:

#define MENU_EDIT_SELECT_ALL_POS 1
     GNOMEUIINFO_MENU_SELECT_ALL_ITEM(select_all_cb, NULL),

Two others claim such an accelerator; the Message => _Select Text item:

#define MENU_MESSAGE_SELECT_ALL_POS 12
         {
                 GNOME_APP_UI_ITEM, N_("_Select Text"),
                 N_("Select entire mail"),
                 select_all_cb, NULL, NULL, GNOME_APP_PIXMAP_NONE,
                 NULL, 'A', GDK_CONTROL_MASK, NULL
     },

and the Mailbox => Select all item:

#define MENU_MAILBOX_MARK_ALL_POS 5
     {
         GNOME_APP_UI_ITEM, N_("Select all"),
         N_("Select all messages in current mailbox"),
         mark_all_cb, NULL, NULL, GNOME_APP_PIXMAP_STOCK,
         BALSA_PIXMAP_MENU_MARK_ALL, 'A',GDK_CONTROL_MASK, NULL
     },

but neither shows it in the resulting menu.

So I guess the fix is to drop the accelerator from
MENU_MESSAGE_SELECT_ALL_POS, since Ctrl+A already results in a call to
select_all_cb, and choose a different accelerator for
MENU_MAILBOX_MARK_ALL_POS. Any suggestions?