Re: Selecting all messages in mailbox

On 2003.02.19 04:00 Vaidotas Zemlys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out some things about selecting messages in mailbox, that I
> think are not quite right. If I choose Mailbox->Select all and
> messages in mailbox are threaded and not expanded only visible
> messages are selected. Is this a bug or a feature? For example in
> Mozilla Mail and in Evolution all messages are selected (visible and
> not visible).

Balsa uses the gtk_tree_selection_select_all method, which has this
behavior--users of other gtk+ apps may expect it--users of other MUAs
may expect it to select *all* messages. To get around it, we'd have to
expand all threads, as GtkTree{View,Selection} doesn't allow invisible
messages to be selected.

> Another thing - Ctrl+A selects all current message's  text no matter
> where focus is. One would expect that if focus is on mailbox window
> Ctrl+A should select all messages in a mailbox. Now there is no way
> to select all messages in a mailbox using only keyboard. Is this
> another feature or a bug?

Ctrl+A is a GnomeApp key-binding, and these seem to have no concept of
focus. That leaves Balsa to do the work to find out where it is, and
change its response accordingly--or have I missed something?