Re: Mem corruption due to race? (Was: [BUG] : crash (perhaps gpg related))

Le 09.12.2003 19:39:24, Albrecht Dreß a écrit :
> Am 08.12.03 15:28 schrieb(en) manu:
>> (balsa:2121): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtktextbuffer.c: line
>> 543 (gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate (text,
>> len, NULL)' failed
>>
>> though I'm not sure it is realted to the crash.
>> I was only able to have this bt which does not look really helpful :
>> 0x4129e689 in __after_morecore_hook () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
>> (gdb) bt
>> #0  0x4129e689 in __after_morecore_hook () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
>> #1  0x40c4f54c in gtk_rc_scanner_new () from /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-
>> 2.0.so.0
>
> I also had some crashes, and I also did not send them to bugzilla as
> they are completely irreproducible. Yesterday I managed to crash
> balsa by fastly clicking over the new messages in the inbox (mbox
> file), deleting most of them (I have the "remove immediately" option
> checked).

OK now I am pretty sure that it is gpg realted, sorry ;-)
You just have to rapidly select a OpenPGP signed message and another
one back and forth (you just have to be quick enough, hmm I guess
nicing balsa can help a bit here). Then it will segfault with a short
trace (always the same but not really useful, it is stuck in mallopt
after being calld by malloc, meaning it is a memory allocation
problem); more interesting is the fact that each time the invalid utf8
message is printed on console. So basically there is something badly
locked sonewhere that triggers mem corruption. But I still don't know
the whole story.
Bye
Manu

PGP signature