Re: tooltips on mailbox tabs

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 01:12:04, ericzen wrote:
> On 2003.08.30 18:35 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>  >
>  > Anyone has a fundamental gripe with tooltips on the mailbox tabs showing
>  > bit more info about the mailbox ? I got a bit sick with 'INBOX' :)
>
> Do we get to decide what the information is?  Like a dialogue to add
> something like "Stuff from Work" or "Stuff from Michelle" ;o)

Not really, no :) In the case of normal mailboxes the tab already shows the
mailbox name which contains that. Right ? :)
However, in the case of IMAP folders you get 'INBOX' 'Sent' and stuff like
that on tabs so if you have 5 IMAP servers you have 5 'INBOX' tabs which can
get quite confusing. So, at this point the tooltip contains the mailbox url.

> If so, I'm pro-this.  Otherwise, I'd have to ask, "Why not just get rid of
> those specific tooltips?"

Hum, you don't ? :) But it's dead trivial to add a preference to hide them.
Anyway, I don't think they're intrusive enough to be annoying.

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/
0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A