Re: Mark as read functionality

 --- "M. Thielker" <balsa@t-data.com> a écrit : >
Hello,

> I recently installed POPFile to get a bit of control
> over spam. It works
> great, mostly. POPFile marks the messages as [Spam]
> and a Balsa filter rule
> picks it up and sorts it away.
>
> Every now and then I check the spam folder and
> delete what's there. So far,
> so good.
>
> The messages sorted into the spam folder remain
> unread, and unread they
> still are when they are deleted. That is what I
> don't like. There is no
> easy way to mark an entire folder's contents "read",
> no kebinding, it's 2
> two-level menu actions to achieve that. There also
> is no filter action to
> mark a message as read.
>
> Now I would like to have a filter action "Mark
> message read", so my filter
> chain could read "If message header matches [spam]
> mark message as read and
> move to spam folder".

Hi Melanie,
this is a really good suggestion. Right now I can't
code that (I'm switching to USA in a few days) and I
don't know when I can actually code back again. Anyway
here is my proposal : filters could have a way to
specify an action on every flag a message has, ie
read/unread, marked/unmarked...
Would that be OK for everyone?
Bye
Manu