Re: Balsa's thread handling very buggy.

On 08/01/2003, Darko Obradovic wrote:
> Am 21.07.2003 11:18 schrieb(en) Miquel van Smoorenburg:
>> OTOH, it looks like now the whole thread "stays together" even if
>> the
>> top level message is deleted, and that is excellent. I take it that
>> some work was done on that? It really helps keeping my inbox
>> organized!
>
> Although you explained it quite good, I think this is unnatural and
> irritating, since the subject-lines might change,a nd you get flat
> messages adjacent to each other which don't fit into the sorting of
> the rest of the list... But since I never delete heads of threads,
> but only whole threads, it's ok with me. :)
> Now the issue: How about an additional submenu "whole thread" in the
> context-menu, if the message has children, in which you could choose
> "delete, mark, ..." for the whole thread then? I think it would be
> really helpful and avoid some of the problems mentioned in the very
> beginning of this thread.
>
> Darko Obradovic

One issue here is that Balsa doesn't use an `empty container' as the
head of a thread whose real head is missing--jwz[1] states that:

At presentation-time, these will show up as unselectable ``parent''
containers...

which would make the situation clear, I believe.  Balsa currently
doesn't use them.

Peter

[1] http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html