Re: IMAP-problems

Am 11.04.2003 23:00 schrieb(en) Darko Obradovic:
> Hi all!
>
> Once more I have to nerve you with a few things

same introduction. :) Here we go:

checking new mail with my patched, and the original as well,
IMAP-behaviour is somewhat strange. In Settings, IMAP-checks are
enabled for all folders, and check on startup is enabled as well. But
balsa
- won't check the IMAP-folder at startup at all
- in an initial phase doesn't react to the "receive new mail"-button,
but doeas it after a while
   (I tried to get some reproducable scheme, but it's somewhat weired)
- reacts perfectly to the auomatic background check, which I set to a
minute now
This results into the situation, that I'm opening balsa and doing some
other things for a minute, until the first auto-check occured. It's
just an annoyance... but nevertheless. Not sure if and how to file a
bug-report.

Looks like the check-methods are somewhat out of order. Shouldn't be
one main check-method handling all POP- and IMAP-accounts, and
shouldn't this one be called when clicking and on autochecks? First I'd
say, the button only checks for POP-boxes, but after the first
auto-check, it will check the IMAP-account explicitly... where does
that change come from? Not to forget check on startup, which would be
the most important thing. :)

same end:

> bye,
>
> Darko