Re: some devel-questions

Am 30.04.2003 04:18 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 04/29/2003, mt@abe-si.de wrote:
>> 4) Why use balsa not gconf for store the settings? It's a bad idea
>> to use gconf?
>
> Imho, no, just some work...but others may disagree.

As much as I've experienced, GConf is heavily used for single options,
and most applications apply them in real-time then, which is very cool
in Gnome2. Migrating to such a behaviour should be worth the effort I
guess.
On the other hand, it might be more tricky to insert lists/arrays of
undefined length in gconf, like accounts, identities,
mailbox-settings...

Therefor a split into pure preferences and user-data would be an idea
as well, with seperated menus, and such shrinked prefs in the
Edit-menu. But I guess it would be more of a goal for the next major
release (v2.2 ?).

Warning: I might not know what I'm talking about. :)

bye,

Darko

PGP signature