IMAP-problems

Hi all!

Once more I have to nerve you with a few things, this time it's about
IMAP.
I've set up a nice courier-imapd on my server and so far I've brought
it to a working state at least. :) Now I want to move my mail-system
from the local machine to the imap-server.

I've added an IMAP-Folder in balsa, which is working. But there's some
trouble with subfolders. On the remote machine, I have a
".maildir"-directory in the home, which is the inbox at the same time,
at least for now.
Balsa displays that as a folder INBOX.
When I want to create subfolders, I have to create them as subfolders
of INBOX, it looks like there's no chance to get a folder in parallel
to INBOX.

Reading a little on the documentation, I came across this:
http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/FAQ.html#namespace
and don't really understand much... does that mean, the INBOX shouldn't
be displayed at all? I could specify to drop new mails into
".maildir/inbox/" without problems...
Any clarification and help is welcome.

Apart from this, balsa crashes when I create a new subfolder via it.
Not critical since I have shell-access and create the folders that way,
but later on I wouldn't want to grant that to everybody.
If interested into further investigation, I could provide you with a
box on that machine.

bye,

Darko