Re: Strange behaviour of send button - greyed out permanently?

On 04/15/2003, Rune Morling wrote:
> Wow! That was a fast reply!

Thanks!

[ snip ]
> Thing is, no fields are marked red. What should I do to figure out
> what the problem really is? I'm prepared to do a 'debugging' build
> except I don't know how (which flags to pass to what). I bet someone
> here has experience in this area?

For starters, the color red isn't reliable--it's configurable (Prefs =>
Display => Colors => Invalid or...), and your setting may have reverted
to something useful like black.

> Also, could it be that the 'outbox' is not configured properly?
> If this is the case, is the behaviour correct? I use IMAP and
> maildirs, but I also tried to set up mbox folders in a seperate dir
> and configured balsa to use them. Any thoughts?

I don't see any interaction between Outbox and the sensitivity of the
Send button (though of course that doesn't mean there isn't one ...;-(

The code that manages the button's sensitivity (in src/sendmsg-window.
c) is relatively transparent--well, as far as the menu items are
concerned (I guess you've checked that File => {Send, Queue, Postpone}
are also insensitive?).  The toolbar button stuff couldn't be called
transparent!

If you're into hacking, you could add some printf()s to check_readiness
() to find out what the `state' is, and to check what's being done to
the ready_widgets--don't know what else to suggest--anyone?