Re: More GPG fixes

Am 2003.04.10 20:32 schrieb(en) Albrecht Dreß:
> Am 09.04.03 18:09 schrieb(en) Steffen Klemer:
>> great patch again-works fine for me!
>
> Thanks!
>
>> A side note what I would really like (if you are that friendly to
>> implent it :-)
>
> I always hunger for meaningful work. Have to work for money most of the
> time, though... ;-))

cool :-)

>> * a toggle button in the identity to "always sign using /this or that
>> key"
>
> Do you think about selecting a specific *key*, or do you want to have
> some check buttons like "by default, sign message", "by default, encrypt
> message" and "by default, use OpenPGP instead on MIME mode", presetting
> the option menu buttons? A good idea anyway!

Either or, perfectly would be to select a specific key, but sufficent is
"sign msg by default" "encrypt by default"...

As for OpenPGP: I have some strange feelings that it is very confusing for
users to even have 2 possibilities to sign mails. Every other implentation
I've seen only had 1...
But don't know how to hide this 'cause if this feature is possible it
should stay possible to use, perhaps sb. will need it...

>> * and even more userfriendly: if it could be implented in a half-secure
>> way (perhaps like evo) something like "remember passphrase for this
>> session" or 1 hour or something like that...
>
> Humm, I already have it in my local playground... Currently, it works
> only for a single name/passphrase pair, and I *hope* it's at least half-
> secure. I keep everything (yes, I *am* paranoid!) encrypted, but you
> need ssl support for that. No idea how evo does it... I'll expand it
> asap and add some bells and whistles, should be ready this weekend. Stay
> tuned.

great - can't await to test it!
One pair is already enough (at least for me :-)

!!!Once again: thanks for your hard work implenting this!!!!

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | "The opposite of a profound truth